You collect your tickets from us and settle the account, at least a day before departure.
* Be at the LARISA railway station in Athens at least 30 minutes before the train departure.
* Find platform 8. Your train comes at 08:10 am. The difficult thing is to find your coach and seat.
* 08.20 – The train departs and following a scenic route it travels straight from Athens to Kalampaka.
* 13.30 – Arrive in Kalampaka and meet our English speaking driver outside the railway station.
* 13.45 – Drive to Meteora. Visit up to 3 monasteries. See old hermitages and cloisters in the caves. CLICK, see the monasteries that are open on your day, and make your own plan. You don’t follow others.
* 16.45 – Return to Kalampaka. Stop at a local restaurant for a light meal (not included in the price).
* 17.30 – The train departs from Kalampaka and arrives in Athens at +/- 22.45.
The price for the 3.30 hours private tour of Meteora includes your return B class train ticket and the taxi hire from the momntthatyou arrive until the moment that you tell the driver that you have seen enough and want to get back to kalambaka and have something to eat:
– 2 passengers: Train ticket (B class), 54.00 + 25.00 taxi hire = 79.00 euro, per person
– 3 passengers: Train ticket (B class), 54.00 + 20.00 taxi hire = 74.00 euro, per person
– 4 passengers: Train ticket (B class), 54.00 + 15.00 taxi hire = 69.00 euro, per person
Pay 54.00 euro per person, plus, the money for hiring the taxi, paid in cash to the driver in Kalampaka.
To make and secure your booking, please, read the terms and conditions, and, deposit 40.00 euro per person in ….read more…
A comparison of our private tour of Meteora against the shared bus tour advertised in the travel market is that in our 3.30 hours tour you are completely independent to choose how long to spend in every monastery visited, which monasteries to visit, plus, you add a couple of extra stops for taking photos, or have a light meal whenever you feel hungry.
On the shared bus tour you have to follow the leader’s itinerary & schedule, in our tour you plan and organize everything by yourself.
Click and see our BEST SELLER 3 days/2 nights Meteora and Delphi, independent trip by train.
Included in the price
– Return B class, train ticket. Pay 12.00 euro, and upgrade the train ticket to A class (recommended).
Upon arrival and for 3 hours, visit up to 3 monasteries & places that a foreigner does not visit.
Visit hidden beauties & explore the area with a local, English speaking driver.
NOT INCLUDED in the price:
No professional tour guide service is included. It’s you and the taxi driver.
3.00 euro per person, being the entrance ticket to each monastery, and
Your lunch and drinks in the train and while you are in Kalampaka.
CLICK and see all the options offered to visit Meteora – guided tours and independent trips.
Last minute bookings are difficult to work out. Plan in advance.