CLICK AND SEE ALL THE TOURS AND OPTIONS to visit Meteora by shared bus guided tours or independent trips by train.
Take this independent tour and visit the 2 well known UNESCO sites, Meteora, and Delphi, on your own pace.
Travel on a combination of train, bus and private taxi from Athens and back in an easy and efficient way. This trip depends on a lot of small details and it took us a long time to make a team of reliable partners and offer a reliable service at a reasonable price.
Enjoy unique landscapes, and visit monuments of great historical importance. Join top local tours,
a) Meteora Sunset Tour, and b) either the morning Half-Day Tour or the Meteora Hiking Tour and learn the history and culture of Meteora.
The train tickets are offered in B class. Upgrading to A class costs 12.00 € p.p. extra
Departures daily, travelling on your own or in a small group.
See also our alternative tours:
1 day Meteora by train and private taxi tour from… 69.00 €
2 days Meteora package by train from 73.00 €
2 days Meteora “special” by train from 115.00 €
2 days guided tour to Delphi and Meteora from…120.00 €
3 days guided tour to Delphi and an extra day in Kalambaka for 148.00 €
Day 1. Travel from Athens to Kalampaka. In the afternoon, visit Meteora.
* You collect your tickets and settle the account, at least a day before departure
* Be at the LARISA railway station at 07:50 and find platform 08.
* 08.20 – The train departs from Athens and travels straight to Kalampaka.
* +/- 13.40 – Arrive in Kalambaka and check in the Hotel KOSTA FAMISSI.
* 16.30 – Optional Sunset tour for extra 20.00 euro p.p..
* 20.30 – After dinner, return to the hotel for overnight.
Day 2. Explore Meteora and at 17.20 depart for Delphi.
* Wake up early go for a walk and experience the surrounding terrace, the flora and fauna of the area.
* 08.00 – Have a good breakfast at Hotel Kosta Famissi. You will need a lot of energy this morning.
* 09.00 – Optional 4 hrs tour. Visit 3 monasteries for 20.00 euro p.p. extra
* 13.00 – After the tour, take a walk in the old town, see the Byzantine church of the dormition of Mother Mary,
have a light lunch, and return to the hotel to take your luggage and walk to the train station.
* 17.30 – Get on board the train and travel to Levadia, via Tithorea.
* 21.10 – Get off at Levadia, meet, Apollo, our driver, and drive to Delphi.
* 22.00 – Arrive in Delphi and check in the Hotel LEFAS.
Day 3. In the morning, explore Delphi and return to Athens.
* 08.00 – After breakfast walk to the bus ticket office and validate your bus ticket.
* 08.30 – Start your sightseeing with the archaeological museum.
* 11.00 – Explore the sanctuary of Apollo, and the temple of Athena Pronaia, on your own.
* 13.30 – Finish with your sightseeing, return to the town of modern Delphi and have lunch.
* 16.00 – Board the bus and depart for Athens. Arrive in Athens at +/- 19.15. (Liossion street terminal).
To secure a booking, please, read the terms and conditions and deposit 40.00 € p.p. in ….read more…
Our price is: € 138.00, per person in double rooms.
Persuade a friend, share a triple room and save 5%
(The trip is not organized for single travellers).
INCLUDED:The B class Train ticket, Athens-Kalampaka-Levadia,
– 1 night in Hotel KOSTA FAMISSI-Kalampaka, and 1 night in Hotel LEFAS-Delphi,
– the taxi transfer from the railway station in Levadia to the hotel in Delphi, and
– the Intercity bus ticket from Delphi to Athens.
# Extra night in double bedroom: € 24.00 p.p. (The trip is not organized for single travellers).
# Upgrade your train ticket to A class: € 12.00,
# 4 hours morning tour of Meteora: Only 20.00 € p.p.,
# 3.30 hours Sunset tour of Meteora:Only 20.00 € p.p.
# 4 hours morning hiking tour: Only 20.00 € p.p.
Click here and see all the options to visit Meteora by train…
# The € 3.00 p.p. to each monastery, and the entrance to the museum and site of Delphi.
# All meals and drinks, except the 2 breakfasts.
# The overnight tax of 1.50 EUR per room, per night./li>
# The services of a professional tour guide.
The tours in Kalampaka are optional and are offered, at discounted rates.
CLICK and see all the options to visit Meteora, guided tours and independent trips.
Included in the price
* Train ticket from Athens to Kalambaka
* Train ticket from Kalambaka to Levadia
* 1 night stay in Hotel Kosta FAMISI, in Kalambaka
* Taxi transfer from Levadia to Delphi
* 1 night stay in Hotel LEFAS, in Delphi
* Intercity Bus tickets from Delphi to Athens
* Join the Meteora Sunset Tour (optional)
* Choose the second day’s tour (optional)
* English speaking tour leader on the tours
* Taxes & service fees
* Meals, and entrance fees to the monasteries and the archaeological site/museum in Delphi are not included.
Client’s comments about the tour and our services
Yan_RN, Houston, Texas, Dec 15,
I booked 2 trips, One day Mycenae-Nafplion-Epidaurus and the 3 DAYS/2 NIGHTS – METEORA & DELPHI TRIP (no guide), from Astoria travel and was very satisfied with their service. Kosta, a very reliable gentleman, tried his best to arrange every detail for our trips. He accompanied us until we seated on the train at departure. He booked the same seat number for our departure and return train for us to be convenient to remember. Important is that I don’t think I paid more for this 5 star service. I paid less for the one day tour and for the train ticket comparing with what others paid. I highly recommend Astoria travel for Greece travel.
In the footer of this website you find the “4 steps to make a booking”. If our offer sounds interesting, please, send us the booking form.